Friday 29 May 2009

ARRIVAL IN SANTIAGO AT 12:15BST 29th MAY 2009

Well done to Ben and Paul on successfully completing their epic ride!

Paul rang at just after 12:15 (BST) today to confrirm that they had arrived in Santiago and it is awesome.
They are seating outside a cafe drinking a cool glass of coke after making excellent progress this moring arriving at the halfway stage today at 10:30am. The plan was to stop overnight if it was hot but decided that at it was so early they would press on and reach the goal.
They now have five days ion santiago to recover and do some well deserved ralaxing and sight seeing - pictures will follow I am assured.

The statistics:

1,600 miles travelled

37 days riding a bike!

Only 2 days rest!!!!!!

Once again my congratulations got to them both as I am sure all of their followers do.

More posts as and when they contact me together with pictures.

Malcolm

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING ! WELL DONE YOU TWO ON COMPLETING AN EPIC JOURNRY
    DAISYBELL

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL DONE BOYS CONGRATULATIONS
    LOVE TONY AND VERONICA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic stuff! All our thoughts have been with you - especially over the last 150 miles. SINCERE congratulations to you both on your amazing achievement. When do you start the bike ride home? (OK Ben, I'll fill in the expletives myself. I can, even now, hear you telling me to "#*#* off" - and the rest!) Best love A and R

    ReplyDelete